- Mathematics Framework
- Habits of Mind
- Tips to do well in Maths
- Online Platforms
- Scheme of Work & Assessment
- Alternative Assessment: Practice 1
- Content Page
- Arithmetic Laws & Rules
- Real Numbers in Operation (I)
- Real Numbers in Operation (II)
- Significant Figures
- Algebra: Factorisation
- Solving Equations
- Mensuration & Hologram
Friday, 14 August 2015
Area of Parallelogram & Trapezium
Watch the following examples. Each comes with a question and the explanation on how to solve the problem.
1. Pause the question. Read the diagram carefully and think what formula would help you to solve for the unknown.
2. Think how you would solve the problem - you may need to write down an equation in order to solve for the unknown.
3. Next, continue to watch the clip and listen to the explanation. Is this similar to what you have thought of? Look out for the presentation of the working.