1. Ace Learning
In SST, we subscribed to this content management system to complement the activities that we carried out in class.
In addition, materials in this platform would also be deployed as online reading and exercises, as part of the daily activities.
- Username: NRIC number (including letters in cap)
- Password: NRIC number (including letters in cap) - please change your password upon first login
2. Khan Academy
For your information, the Khan Academy comes with a vast collection of video clips on almost all topics (& sub-topics) in our curriculum. It also comes with quizzes that auto-mark and therefore enables you to check your understanding and mastery of the skills. This will complement what we do in class.
Note that the quizzes are largely Multiple Choice Questions or require you to enter numerical values only. You must also keep in mind the importance of writing the working/ steps in a logical manner. Hence, practices on papers should continue.
This is a useful resource that you can use for practice, revision... and for those of you who are would like to accelerate your learning, you may pace yourself accordingly - e.g. pick a topic that would be taught this year and start to learn on your own.
Note of caution: Always check your textbook on the presentation of the mathematical notation.
For example, at secondary level, 4 x 7 should not be written as 4.7 (by inserting a dot between 4 and 7).
You may also invite your parent to sign up an account and invite him/ her as your coach.
Set-up Guide for Parent:
1. Parent to set up an account
2. Student to invite Parent as Coach
3. Parent to login to monitor child's progress
4. Parent can also assign tasks for child to attempt
Short quizzes provides feedback to us on how familiar and how well we've mastered the topic.
In MangaHigh, we have assigned quizzes to you.
By now, you should have received the following via the email.
1. URL of website: https://www.mangahigh.com/en/
2. At the login page, click at "LOGIN"
3. Fill in the form with the User Id, Password and School id that were emailed to you
4. The following will be displayed.
5. You may click at "Play" to start the activity.